RAW is constantly growing in order to reach many new creative communities. There is room to grow with us. Below are some opportunities to be apart of a revolutionizing organization. RAW supports and promotes the independent artists and storytellers of our generation. Join us!
CITY DIRECTOR / LOCAL RAW REPRESENTATIVE
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: RAW is now looking for well-rounded, experienced event producers to act as a local RAW representative/planner/producer.
RAW is currently hiring Showcase Directors for:
- Kansas City, MO
- Raleigh, NC
- Milwaukee, WI
- Savannah, GA
We're looking for a deadline driven, organized individual with keen communication skills, creative thinking and an overall drive and passion for their work.
JOB DESCRIPTION: RAW Showcase Director
A local RAW representative and event producer is responsible for planning, promoting and producing a showcase every other month in their city. The Director will work and interact closely with both RAW Headquarters, Regional Directors, their own small team of interns, assistants and media staff as well as the local artists and arts community in their area. The RAW Showcase Director is responsible for ensuring the seamless booking, planning, and coordinating of each showcase, every other month.
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will represent RAW in his/her own city, promoting the organization and serving as an ambassador in the area. This includes, though is not limited to:
- Booking RAW artistic talent every other month
- Managing communications between booked talent, venue, and staffing
- Conducting meetings and interviews with potential artists and staffing
- Networking with local arts organizations, collectives, and communities, building relationships w/ potential artistic talents
- Promoting each showcase as well as RAW as an organization
- Participating in public relations and pursue press coverage per event showcase
- The production of each RAW showcase from set-up to tear down, and everything in between
- Being available via email & phone to answer questions, coordinate call times and venue relations pre-event
- Conferring w/ talent before, during, and after all events, ensuring the artist’s satisfaction and maintaining positive rapport
- At least 3-5 years experience in event planning/production
- Strong ties with the local arts community is a plus
- Strong networking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and task/detail-oriented
- Can work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience dealing with a variety of clients (artists, fashion designers, musicians, etc …)
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Hitting strict Deadlines
- Punctual, responsible, dependable, and dedicated to planning and executing an exceptional showcase event on an every-other-month basis
- Strong knowledge of and experience with technology and event equipment
- Maintaining an unswervingly professional approach to all situations
- Must be willing to get your “hands dirty." This isn’t a job for paper-pushing event planners
Interested/serious candidates should email a resume and cover letter to hiring [at] RAWartists [dot] org stating the city name you are applying for in the subject line. If applying in Australia, send to Australia [at] RAWartists [dot] org.
Please do not apply if you are looking for quick cash, or a simple "job." This position is for the best of the best who are seeking a rewarding career, those that can handle the creative challenges of an independent position.
RAW TALENT SCOUT INTERNSHIP
RAW Talent Scout Interns gain valuable hands-on experience working with artists and other creatives, while working alongside the organizations’ showcase directors and executives. Interns will learn to develop show curatorial, production, marketing and PR skills through varied exposure to many aspects of the RAW organization.
Training and opportunities to develop and grow will be provided every step of the internship. Interns also benefit from working with several departments within the organization to launch them into their chosen career path.
This is an ideal opportunity to work within a cutting-edge, fast-moving, start-up organization. All members of the RAW team are encouraged to be innovative, share ideas, and spearhead projects that they are passionate about to further develop the organization as a whole.
Interns will primarily be assisting with:
Press and public relations
Marketing and communication
Social Media tasks
Scouting creative, independent talent and assisting with booking
Researching artistic communities and markets
Community and artist engagement
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must have a positive attitude and willingness to take advantage of every learning opportunity
A strong interest in the arts and experience connecting with creative people
Goal-oriented and deadline-driven
Knowledge and experience with Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
Location: RAW Headquarters creative office in downtown Los Angeles
Interested and serious intern applicants should email a resume and cover letter to: vy[at]RAWartists[dot]org
RAW DESIGN INTERNSHIP
Must be located in Southern California
RAW Interns work as a team, and with other staff members, to complete graphic design projects (eg. flyers, web site changes, invitations, ads) and contribute to the overall look and uniqueness of RAW through aspects of design.
RAW Design interns are held responsible for the following:
• RAW Interns will report to RAW Marketing and Web Director
• RAW Interns will assist other staff members with various creative projects -- brainstorming and contributing with their own creative input and skills.
• RAW Interns will be scheduled to attend all mandatory intern and staff meetings.
• RAW Interns will need to be available at least 10 hours a week.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who, while fulfilling his/her expected duties, is always looking for new and innovative ways to help grow the organization. He/she must be responsible, timely, and, most importantly, enthusiastic about the position and about his/her own improvement. The ideal candidate must also know how to work as a team member representing our organization and has the following skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Illustrator
- Knowledge of Dreamweaver is not required, though a plus
- Web and Social Media savvy
PAY: This position is an invaluable learning experience for college credit and promises a glowing letter of recommendation if intern takes his/her responsibilities seriously (Note: We are ONLY taking serious students who act professionally and uphold outstanding work ethics).
INTERNSHIP LENGTH: 3-6 Months
CODE OF CONDUCT: As a representative of the RAW organization and brand, RAW interns are expected to be punctual always. Dress code is business casual for meetings and cocktail attire at events. RAW interns should behave in a professional manner during all RAW events.
All interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and digital examples of their work to Vy[at]RAWartists[dot]org